JSM's top management is committed to impartiality in its accreditation activities, and provides opportunity for effective involvement by interested parties for safeguarding impartiality through the National Accreditation Committee (NAC).
- JSM shall be responsible for the impartiality of its accreditation activities.
- JSM personnel and committees shall act impartially and shall not allow commercial, financial or other pressures to compromise impartiality.
- JSM shall not offer or provide any conformity assessment activities.
- JSM shall not offer or provide consultancy to conformity assessment bodies.
- JSM's activities shall not be marketed or offered as linked with the activities of consultancy
- JSM shall not outsource accreditation decisions
- JSM assessor shall not take part in an assessment or other accreditation activities if they have been involved in consultancy towards a conformity assessment body.
- JSM shall take appropriate action to respond to any threats to its impartiality arising from the actions of other persons, bodies or conformity assessment bodies.
All personnel and committees of JSM are committed to full compliance with this declaration. All personnel and committees of JSM including its Director-General, top management, personnel, committees, assessors and technical experts are required to complete and sign the Formal Undertaking For Maintaining Confidentiality And Impartiality And Declaration Of No Conflict Of Interest.
SHAHARUL SADRI BIN ALWI
Department of Standards Malaysia
JSM identifies its related bodies in order to ensure that the activities of the related bodies do not affect the confidentiality, objectivity and impartiality of JSM's accreditation services. For further information, kindly refer to JSM/Accreditation General/Leaflet 1.